Friday, June 22, 2012

Maximum Ride

When I first started reading the book Maximum Ride, I sincerely thought that authors were running out of things to write about because this book is very bizarre.  The book is told from the point of view of a girl named Max who happens to be 2% bird.  That's right, 2% bird.  Despite my scepticism, this book is crazy good.  It is the perfect mix of action, drama, love and much much more.  Max has 4 other siblings who are also 2% bird.  If you haven't figured this out by now, that means they can fly! Way cool!  The reasoning behind their bird-like features have a great story as well.  When they were younger, all of the children were either given up for adoption or donated to science (as they are not actually blood related).  The government then started messing with their DNA as infants, to potentially use them as weapons, by mixing their DNA with that of a bird.  Out of all the experiments that they had done, the 5 siblings were the only ones that survived.  They are now homeless and on the run from this awful agency who wants to kill them so that they don't release to the public the terrible things that were committed against them.  Also to make matters more tricky, the agency came up with another experiment that actually worked.  They combined a human, bird, and wolf all in one with the sole purpose to kill Max and her siblings.  Scary combination!  Even though this book sounds a bit silly and out there, I cannot repeat enough how much I loved it!  Author James Patterson sure knows what he's doing!  I beg all of you go out there and read it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment