Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Divergent

I have just finished the book Divergent by Veronica Roth, and I can tell you right now that I loved it!! I am normally a pretty fast reader, but I could not put this book down.  As said in my previous post, this book takes place in Chicago and is a dystopian society.  The main character, Tris, is a very strong female lead, so this book would be great for Hunger Game fans.  Coming from a family that always thought of her as weak, she finds herself to be and physically and mentally strong through all the challenges that she has to face when choosing the clan she is to be in for the rest of her life.
This book is also somewhat fantasy since it takes place in the future and talks about technology that does not exist yet for us.  When giving the students their aptitude tests, the leaders make them swallow a pill that makes their worst fear come true in their head.  It is then their job to defeat their fear in a suitable amount of time or they will fail the test.
Along with the fantasy, it also has a love plot in it (my favorite part!!!!).  Tris finds herself having feelings for her instructor named Four (I know, it's a really weird name, but believe me, he's a dreamboat!!).  Since he is her instructor, they are not supposed to have a relationship, making their love very Romeo-and-Juliet-like.  As can be predicted, their love for one another becomes public, and the aftermath is disastrous.  I won't spoil it for everyone and say what happens, but be assured, it is epic.  And the best part of all of this is that the sequel, Insurgent, just came out!  I will be reading this book right away!!


For Another Great Fantasy Book:
Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment