Like many girls my age, I LOVE a good love story! With that comes Nicholas Sparks. I am a huge fan of his books and of the movies that have been made based on his stories. It was because of my love of his books that I decided to read The Lucky One, also a Nicholas Sparks book. The books started off pretty good, focusing on a main character named Logan. Travis just came home from war serving as a marine. Because of the superstitions of a friend, he truly believes that it was the picture of a girl that kept him alive while overseas. He feels the need to at least meet this girl, if not thank her, so he is traveling with his dog on foot to find her. The girl's name is Elizabeth, who is a divorced, single mom. Logan and Elizabeth finally met and fall in crazy love. There is definitely more to this story, however I won't spoil it for all the Nicholas Sparks fan. Overall I think the book had good potential and a good story line, but it was the small details that really ruined it for me. I didn't like that as soon as Logan and Elizabeth kissed, they shared their undying love for one another and promised to never hurt one another. That's just not really realistic to me and kinda ruins the story them having met. I put myself in Elizabeth's shoes and think of what I would say if a new man in my life suddenly told me he loved me. I would surely show him to the door with 911 on speed dial. I think that this book means well, but it just needs to tone down in the romance department.
For more information on Nicholas Sparks books, visit his website.
No comments:
Post a Comment