Thursday, June 28, 2012
Evermore
Evermore, and no we are not talking about Edgar Allen Poe, is a young adult novel written by Alyson Noel. To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this book. I will give you a summary and see what you think. Ever, the main character, is a highschool girl living with her aunt. In the past year she was in a car accident with her parents and her sister and she was the only one to live. She remembers this car accident well because she had a choice to go on with her parents to the other side or stay here and live. She chose life. Since then, Ever has had startling abilities such as being able to read others thoughts. She feels as though she is truly going nuts or that the car accident affected her. Ever than meets a new boy at school named Damen. He is the only person that she can't read their thoughts. Not only that, but he never eats and is always carrying a red liquid with him. I know what you're thinking, vampire right? Well no, Damen is not a vampire, he is immortal and this red liquid is what keeps him alive (so kinda like a vampire I guess). Ever then goes on to date Damen and falls madly in love. There is a lot more to this story, such as will they truly get to be together, but you get the idea. I think this book has a lot of interesting things going on with it, but doesn't it remind you of another book that we all know and love so much (cough, cough Twilight)? I just feel that the supernatural, brooding, can't be together love has been played out a bit. I think authors need to take a break from it for five to seven years, come back and then us readers will be ready for more. If this story line really appealed to you, it is available on Amazon.
Labels:
Alyson Noel,
Evermore,
Fantasy,
Twilight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment