Friday, June 22, 2012

The Hunger Games

That's right, The Hunger Games.  I know you all were waiting for me to review this megahit, whether you are a fan or not.  Well I can tell you right now that I am fan, but since everyone knows what this books is about (I'm sure if you haven't read it then you've seen the movie) I will spare you the details.  What I want to focus this blog on is which is better, the book or the movie?  I personally side with the book, but both have pros and cons.  When it comes to the book, I always feel more emotionally attached to this form because you can know what the characters are thinking, which allows you to form a relationship with them.  However, this book was very action packed making the movie truly amazing when it comes to the special effects.  Watching these crazy seens happen before your eyes on a megascreen cannot be described.  It was just excellent!  On the other hand,  it was hard for me to see one of my favorite books changed in a way to please fans.  There were several parts of the book that I was looking forward to seeing, but the movie just left them out!  What's that all about?  It is also hard to have a well known actor play a part that I feel is so unique, especially when that's not how you had the character pictured.  In conclusion, I side with the book!  What do you think? I would love to read your thoughts below.

No comments:

Post a Comment