Thursday, July 12, 2012

Insurgent

To be honest, I have not yet finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth, but I am halfway done and since I rarely give away the ending anyways, I thought I would go ahead and review this book.  The book has been long awaited by Divergent fans and it has finally come.  I have heard many complaints about the lack of action in this book compared to Divergent.  To those people, I have one question.  Have you read past the second chapter?  If not, keep reading.  The book cannot start out completely action, it has give some sort of back round to the story and tie up loose ties or else the book would make no sense.  So if you are one of those people who put the book down, pick it back up, it gets much better.  With that, Insurgent takes you into a whole different setting compared to Divergent.  In Divergent there were so many rules and everyone watching Tris that she had little choice on most of her decisions.  In Insurgent, since Tris and Four escaped and are now considered the enemy, they have all the choices in the world.  Now they just have to worry that they are making the right one.  I also like how the book ties in a lot of their families past to the way that Tris and Four are now.  Many secrets of their family come alight and they are not happy.  The conclusion of this is that you should read the book.  I am currently loving it, so I think you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment